Amazon Author Page

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Changes

 

 
My goal when I turn 70.
The fabulous Helen Mirren reminds me it's not over it's just beginning.
 
 
 
It's time for a new look on this blog. I've been fragmented for too many years, trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up (career behind me but life ahead) and kept a blog for each of my passions. I've confused myself.

CONSOLIDATE.  My new word.

I'm sharing it all here and in celebration, changing the look of my blog. I started writing at sixty when my husband passed away. That was nine years ago. Things change. People change. Dreams change. Health changes. At sixty-eight, soon to be sixty-nine, I've changed.

Confessions of the Unfaithful Widow blog is the blog that started it all so it seems the best blog to keep track of what life offers now.

It's not always easy living on your own as you get older. Fear can creep in and the what ifs are scary. A health crisis last year left me feeling vulnerable. So I put on my big girl panties (don't ask the size) and moved to the house of my dreams in a small town an hour away from my friends in Decatur. Now I see cows and chickens and goats and horses in any direction I head. Yet it is quite civilized here. A change to kick-start a new outlook.

The only real difference now, I will share all my thoughts on one blog. Maybe you will join me. My love of  writing, dogs, antiques, books, decorating, farmhouses, cottages, and sometimes men, hasn't changed. It's just pulled together here.

CONSOLIDATE. A new word for me!

Hugs from my cottage home in lovely Social Circle, Georgia!
 
                                                                                 Barbara

1 comment:

Susan G. Weidener said...

Sounds wonderful. I look forward to your stories and observations.
.